The Quonochontaug Historical Society is interested in how you spent and are spending the months since mid-March, 2020 while our country has struggled withincreasing numbers of COVID-19.
We are interested in learning about any aspect of your experience you would like to share. For example, did you shelter in place in Quonochontaug or another place?
Following are some questions you may want to consider:
- Did you maintain any regular activities such as work, exercise, or any regularly scheduled obligations? If work, were you involved in any aspect of healthcare?
- Were you able to work remotely?
- Were you creative? Did you sew masks, make afghans, start a new hobby, or complete other projects?
- Did you write a poem, draw, paint, make a video, or complete a sculpture?
- What did you learn about yourself?
- Did you assist neighbors, vulnerable people, or shut-ins with food delivery, shopping, meal delivery or other errands or tasks? Did you cook for other groups, or assist the homeless population in any form?
- How did the pandemic affect you, your family relationships, your access to your grandchildren, or your support from friendships? Will it change your family’s travel plans this summer?
We would like to hear your experience of the Pandemic of 2020 as it relates to Quonochontaug. Please include any signage, photos, artwork, or any othermaterial that applies to your story and email it to us.
- For residents of East Beach and Sunrise Acres, please send to Sandra Champion at email@example.com.
- For West Beach, Quonochontaug Beach, and the areas known as Nun’s Beach and Dowd’s Beach please send to Donna Jordan at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For Central Beach and other areas of Quonnie not specified, please send to Leah Bradshaw at email@example.com
If you have any questions, please contact any one of us.
We are excited about this project and hopeful to receive your input and contributions!
Thank you so much!
Leah Bradshaw 401-322-2095
Sandy Champion 401-322-7187
Donna Jordan 401-374-7332